Following discussions this morning regarding the poor weather conditions forecasted for Sunday, including a Yellow Weather warning for rain and gale force winds, we have made the difficult decision that TP ICAP L’Etape London by Le Tour de France will not be taking place this Sunday 23rd September.
We understand this is disappointing news, but the health and safety of our participants, spectators, volunteers, crew and partners is our number one priority. After reviewing multiple weather sources and looking at alternative options, we have concluded that it would be unsafe to run the event in the forecasted conditions.
We are so sorry, as we know how much training and effort our riders put into preparing for an event. We are also really sad to not get to see all of you enjoying the event on Sunday. We are currently investigating the possibility of postponing the event until a later date and will confirm with all riders on Wednesday 26th whether this will be possible.
We appreciate your understanding, and if you have any questions please contact the team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear with us during what we will anticipate will be a busy period for enquiries; we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.